Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Update

Alright, I know I'm a blog slacker, but I really do have good intentions. I was lucky enough to see a lot of friends and family over the holidays, which must be my excuse on why I'm so behind on blogging about it. :)

Christmas 08 was fun, cold, snowy and also done in shifts. This year each of our had slightly different agendas and in order to make everyone happy we "celebrated" with each child on it's own day.

As most of you know, Amanda LOVES horses. She has an Aunt and Uncle in VA that have horses, so she flies out there when she can to ride horses with her cousins, chase foxes and gets extremely spoiled (lucky girl!!) :). We celebrated with her about a week before Christmas and before I flew to UT.

Chase loves the snow, climbing and being with his best bud, his dad, Dave. They drove up (yes, they were kind enough to "demand" that I fly to Utah while they drove) and spent a couple days climbing on the way up. They had higher ambitions to do more hiking while in Utah, but because of all the snow, they didn't get more than a couple hikes and a ski trip in. Dave, Chase and I spent Christmas Eve with both families, Christmas morning with our family and than saw Dave's mom on Christmas as well.

Of course, we couldn't forget about Moni!!! Monica didn't get home from U Mass until Sunday (Dec 21st) due to a snow day on her last day of finals. What made her most happy was to be home in her own bed and be in the warm weather, so she passed on the trip to Utah. We drove back (yeah, I sucked it up) from Utah and she came over and we got to celebrate one more "gift giving" night.

It was fun to extend the holidays as long as we could. Holidays are such a great time to be near family and friends. Even though sometimes it's hectic and not a vacation, I wouldn't change the hustle and bustle for anything! All the craziness of our families, all the snow storms, all the thoughtful gestures is what makes Christmas memories.

4 comments:

Tiff Gatten said...

It was so good to see you guys while you were here. Your parents look good, and you look beautiful as always. We haven't had any snow since you left.

I had a blast with Heather today on the way home from boot camp. She keeps me laughing. It's been such fun. I'm glad she's doing it. She's really done great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun and wonderful Christmas. I like it when holidays last longer than a day...I'm all for stretching special events out.
Love to you both and hope to see you soon

the medeiros family said...

Hey Heidi...we were so glad to see you guys at Christmas!! How's it going?
Will you guys by in AZ around Spring Break? We were may try to plan a trip your way!

Ronifer269 said...

Heidi, update your blog already!