Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mederios Family Visit

We are always wanting our friends and family to come visit and we had our fair share in April. After my mom and dad left, Julie and Chad and their kids came down for their spring break. We had a great time with them here and enjoyed taking them to our favorite restaurants and even trying a few new places.



Ryan and I both have some of our favorite places that we like to take company to. Tia Rosa's is a great Mexican place (love the fish tacos) in Mesa and LGO (Le Grande Orange) is the first place Ryan ever took me when I came down to meet Dave for the first time. LGO is like a bakery, gift store, deli, yuppie place all rolled into one. They have to die for red velvet cake (6 layers alternating with cream cheese frosting) and a gelato place next door. I introduced Julie to Sprinkles cupcakes...Red Velvet rocks. Can you see a trend with the red velvet and eating? :) We also went to Canal in Old Town Scottsdale.



Since it was the kid's spring break we did enjoy a few other activities other than eating. The kids loved our pool and we used our fire pit for possibly the third time and roasted marshmallows. Sarah seemed to be really excited about those. I also went to our Children's Museum with everyone. That was quite interesting, although it made me realize how much I've forgotten. Sarah knowing more about a black hole than me means that either she's really smart, just had a lesson on that in school or I am not as a smart as a 5th (or even 2nd) grader. I was pleasantly surprised and had a good time.






1 comment:

the medeiros family said...

Other activities?? Eh...food is what is most important!! lol
We had a such a great time...thank you so much of letting us stay there!