Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy 29th...again

And Happy Birthday to Heather too! I'm not sure birthdays at this age or really worth celebrating. At this point, I'm doing all I can to keep my youth, but I guess if we can't stop b-days, why not enjoy them!!! Not to mention, I think it's a state of mind. As Dave so lovingly wrote in my card, "Sometimes I'm not sure if you are 39 or 19 or 9...that makes it fun for me." Dave, keep telling yourself that when I pout like I'm 9!!!

It was a fun birthday and I have my darling husband to thank for making it nice. Since I'm not in Utah where most of my family and friends are and so Dave really felt the pressure to make me have a good one. He took me out to Eddie's House and once w e were there, my friends Tawnie and Ed and Ryan and Jodi surprised us there. It was thoughtful of Dave to try to track down my friends in AZ (all 8 of them) and have some of them celebrate with us. Afterward , we went and got my new Favorite cake- Red Devil chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. You buy it by the slice and we bought 3.

It took all I could to save one piece for my actual birthday. Of course since that was Saturday and my actual birthday is Monday (and I'm so low maintenance), Dave and I went out to Sushi at Sapporo. He gave me a new camera to take to Europe and he and my mom also gave me a GPS so I don't get lost!!!

Even though we don't like getting older, it really is nice to get spoiled for a day or two and to hear from family and friends. Thanks to everyone for making my day special.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy B-day Mama! I asked yesterday if you turned 40...stupid, stupid me. I totally remember that you are a few months younger than me. I remember your longing desire to wear nylons, high heals, and makeup. I got to do it all first, and you and Heather were so jealous, hee, hee. You are as darling as ever, and D is a sweetheart for planning your party.

Unknown said...

What the heck! It says I'm Steve! I'm Tiffany! *Snort* That's funny. Steve got to wear high heels before you. (I need help with spelling. I wrote heals, but I'm sure you know what I meant.)

Jaimee said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! Birthdays aren't what they used to be, but its still a good excuse to get out and have some fun.