Friday, October 31, 2008

My Latest Home Project

Before...
After...



Here is my latest home project. I'd like to say I was talented enough to actually create and sew this ottoman, but I'm not. I am however, proud to say that I was resourceful and practical enough to update this room for just a few hundred dollars (including fabric, labor and new accessories). When we moved into this house, we were planning to get another couch for this room, but I had the two chairs that I thought were cute. That and coupled by the fact that we have yet to sit in this room, I thought I'd just update it. I was able to find the ottoman on Craigs list for $15(see original creme ottoman in the top picture and the room before) and found fabric and had it reupholstered. I'm really into the kiwi green right now and wanted a fresh look in the room. While the mom's were in town, we found the vases, bamboo, etc at Z Gallerie and Crate and Barrel (all on sale) and walla, here's how it turned out. This room is great because it has windows facing the pool and view so now Dave and I may actually have to enjoy a few sunsets in this room after all.

5 comments:

the medeiros family said...

Wow!! Tres chic!!! Want to come to my house next? That fabric looks fabulous on the ottoman!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Heidi! I keep wondering when or if my "creative genes" are ever going to manifest themselves. I really like to ottoman. I'm excited to come see you guys in a few weeks!

Tiff Gatten said...

Love, love, love it! Wow! You've inspired me. I really need to care more, hee, hee. I'm really impressed you did this for so little. Well done, my dear.

Tiff Gatten said...

By the way, I just looked at Megan's blog...Wow...she looks so much like you're mom it's crazy.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome and you did a great job -- love the green
love you guys