Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homecoming Week at FHS

This week was Homecoming Week at FH High and there was a week's worth of activities.

The week started with Powder Puff football. Amanda is a Junior and they beat the sophomores the first night and came back to the final game and whooped the Seniors. Amanda played defensive line and she is TOUGH!!! She got several key tackles and really had fun playing. They played flag football and Chase was surprised to hear that when we played powder puff at Davis, we actually wore pads. That being said, I seem to recall mom letting the coaches know she'd rather Heather and I not see too much "action". Thanks mom- you probably
saved us a lot humiliation. ;)

Chase got his room decorated by the cheerleaders (they told him his was decorated the best), was in the parade (yes, there is a parade where each class actually makes floats and they weren't the typical truck with a sign on it like we see back in Kaysville) and danced in the assembly on Friday. Think Boyettes- little shorts, tight shirts and cowboy hats. Apparently it's not the "cool" thing to have parents go the assemblies because Chase said "no parents go" and I really wanted to see their dance. The assemblies, dances and skits were some of the funnest memories.

The game was a blowout and Chase played awesome. Final was 69-12. He scored 2 touchdowns, one on a 30 yard pass and another was a 20 yard run into the end zone. He had a lot of tackles on defense and Dave was definitely the proud dad.

Unfortunately the one downer for Homecoming is they don't have a formal dance, but rather a themed dance/stomp at the HS. The theme was "comic characters" so Chase dressed up as Batman and went with his friends. Can you imagine the homecoming queen dressed as Wonder Woman?

I think we can say, all in all it was a successful week and Chase and Amanda have some fun memories.
I'm still convinced when I sit at the games, that I really look like one of the kids and not a mom.....yeah, I'll keep telling myself that. We can dream, can't we? Dave is always telling me he thinks that I wish I was still in High School and I have to admit, it's times like this that maybe I do....until I really think about it.

2 comments:

the medeiros family said...

Good job, Chase!
Yes, those were the days...loved the assemblies!

I left a message yesterday...I hope you had a wonderful day. And...what?!!! You're going to Europe?? How come I didn't know that? Can I hide in your suitcase?

Tiff Gatten said...

This looks like a fun week. It's funny how things change. Corbin couldn't believe that there were boyettes back in the day. They don't do that.

You should have gone to the assembly anyhow. I do. Corbin plays like he doesn't like it, but then all the kids email him for the pics that I take and he's really popular.